Forecasting Manager APPLY NOW
Mellow Home is an established e-commerce company located in San Leandro, California. We are in need of a Forecasting and Inventory Planning Manager.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Forecasting and Inventory Planning Manager to join our team. As a Forecasting and Inventory Planning Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring our overall inventory planning strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity. Set up systems for the tracking of KPIs, manage inventory schedules to maintain optimum inventory levels and ensure an uninterrupted supply. Main responsibilities for assigned inventory include review of daily inventory and asset requests and building/analyzing a forecast model that projects future demand from various market places.
- Responsible for maintaining weekly and monthly schedules, inventory, and sales reports.
- Build a forecast model that projects future demand from various marketplaces.
- Analyze error in forecasting and take actions to improve accuracy.
- Stay abreast of market trends that may affect inventory requirements or result in capacity constraints for responsible assets.
- Analyze historical data and current trends. Identify risks and opportunities by channel/category, solicit ideas for issue resolution.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly inventory schedules to ensure optimum inventory levels and maximize equipment and resource utilization.
- Manage forecast report and communicate findings with team members.
- Validate data to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate any possible risks that may have significant impact on forecast variations.
- Attend weekly meetings to communicate needs and resolve issues pertaining to upcoming scheduling requirements.
- Communicate changes to forecasts or inventory requirements to Asset and Inventory Manager on a timely basis.
- Manage the annual planning process determining inventory requirements, related requirements, and capacity planning.
- Responsible for inventory from time scheduled through product return.
- Work with cross-functional teams to evaluate inventory needs, meet with Supply Chain Team to discuss procurement/inventory issues
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 7+ years Forecasting/Demand Planning3+ years managing a team- ability to coach and mentor others
- Expert experience with advanced Excel analytic functions associated with building financial models
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Experience with statistical packages (R, Python, etc.)
- Theoretical and working knowledge of demand forecasting, merchandise planning, inventory management best practices and inventory systems
- Solid understanding of planning fundamentals including sales plans and open-to-buy
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics and KPIs
- Knowledge of lean material flow, planning and scheduling preferred
- Ability to work independently, as a team player, and team leader
- Supply chain / E-commerce experience preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Oracle/Netsuite, Tableau experience preferred
· Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance)
· Paid vacation & sick leave