Marketing Director APPLY NOW
About the job
**This is NOT a remote position
Mellow is looking for a seasoned Marketing leader who can build and support critical programs within the Marketing team with a strategic mindset and strong ability to execute. Director of Marketing will work directly with the CEO and play a vital role in the Senior Leadership team working side by side with other Directors in Sales, Strategic Planning, Operations and Finance. An ideal candidate is an inspiring creative leader with a strong creative gut who can serve the Marketing team with focus and clarity to deliver breakthrough innovations in all aspects of marketing initiatives including Branding, Product Development, Marketing Communication, Sales Support, D2C E-Commerce and management of marketing tools and assets. If you are an inspired, hard-working creative mind who is willing to roll up your sleeves and lead by example, please read on.
- Inspire, lead and serve Marketing team in areas of product strategy, branding, marketing communications, performance marketing and graphic design spaces.
- Develop, maintain, and own annual marketing budget setting in partnership with CFO that is in line with Mellow’s sales goals and drive budget (re-)allocation to ensure spend is deployed efficiently
- Serve as a member of Senior Leadership Team to set overarching company vision, goals & strategies and guide teams to reach them
- Guide Marketing team in setting annual goals and strategies to achieve KPIs for the team and individual members
- Exercise aptitude and grit to quickly grasp complex multi-faceted issues, communicate clearly and directly with relevant stakeholders and follow through until solution is in place.
- Present a sound vision for what the future of e-commerce holds and a clear roadmap to the position Mellow is headed in the ready-to-assemble furniture map
- Lead Marketing team in building strategies, budget, execution and KPIs for new initiatives and roadmaps each year in line with corporate objectives
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders on the planning, establishing process and designing go-to-market strategies for new product/market launches
- Identify process gaps; design and implement new processes to help scale the business
- Work closely with team members to provide professional development, establish new SOPs for higher efficiency as needed and help manage their workload
- Maintain high quality bar for all marketing assets with attention to detail by providing clear guidance and designing a robust feedback loop for driving constant creative improvements
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (annual sales analysis decks, company intro, product plans, etc.) that effectively communicate financial projections, drivers, marketing performance, risks and opportunities
Brand and Performance Marketing Strategy (Sales Support)
- Ensure cohesive brand voice and identity across all touchpoints (retailers, website, social, internal & external presentations)
- Translate brand strengths and consumer insights into innovative and creative marketing initiatives designed to introduce the brand and products to new audiences and to support strategic business objectives
- Oversee development and implementation of integrated marketing calendar that leverages insights and data to maximizes the greatest reach, connection, and conversion down the funnel
- Oversee a lean production and content creation strategy to support various product launches and ad-hoc retailer programs
- Guide Brand Communications members to create unique stories that can resonate with target consumer base for new product offerings across multiple sites
- Ensure that final marketing collaterals feature brand-elevating, conversion-driving creative appropriate to specific channels and channel goals
- Lead trademark development, research and maintenance in collaboration with HQ legal team
Performance Marketing & Analytics
- Oversee all paid media campaigns across different platforms including Amazon, Wayfair, Walmart, Google, Social and more
- Coach and develop Marketing Analyst on the management and optimization of existing paid acquisition channels while evaluating new channels for investment such as affiliate and influencers, YouTube, etc.
- Act as a critical resource to upper management on the evolving role of performance marketing
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Forecasting and Finance teams to maximize effectiveness of performance marketing strategies and hit main KPI targets
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of key performance marketing metrics to help the entire organization understand brand and advertising performance.
- Stay up to date on digital and marketing best practices and advise on the latest tools and systems.
- Ensure effective management of channel-level tracking, monitoring, and reporting of marketing KPIs (Impression, ROAS, conversion rates, CPA, etc.)
- Distill insights from data to synthesize and craft compelling story behind owned web traffic and sales
Photography + Design Strategy
- Lead creative process & guide team on creation of logos, icons, illustrations and other creative assets that are on brand and on strategy to enhance Mellow products and brands
- Guide Graphic Design team on product packaging options for all brands and retail specific needs
- Manage team members/external resources on photography and design projects
- Create photography/photo shoot guidelines and direction as needed for new collection / brand
- Oversee and approve all graphic edits, retouches and resizing of photography to achieve outstanding quality bar and cohesive brand look
You will excel as a Director of Marketing, if you;-
· Understand market trends and build business cases for new product or campaign opportunities.
· Have a deep understanding of B2B2C, D2C, e-commerce and private label channel ecosystem
· Own a successful track record with a consumer goods brand - sleep/furniture industry is a BIG plus!
· Feel comfortable with ambiguity with an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from start to Finish
· Have a solid grasp of consumer segmentation and can develop products/marketing communications campaigns that fit the needs of different consumer groups with a high-quality bar.
· Are passionate about products, have strong product development, sourcing and process design skills and effectively lead the team in product lifecycle mgmt. from ideation through commercialization.
· Are inspired by big ideas and have a great creative gut but also use in equal parts data and consumer insights to ground decisions in numbers.
· Excel in both strategic thinking, analytics and tactical execution from creating business cases, financial reviews, end-to-end management of product development process and designing marketing assets for product launches.
· Are comfortable with diving into and solving complex problems, understanding the trade-offs and “getting it done”
· Are comfortable collaborating and influencing team members including Sales, Marketing, Forecasting and Purchasing.
· Have a team-oriented spirit with willingness to take on responsibilities outside of immediate scope when needed
- 10+ years of related work experience in brand marketing, product strategy, creative and/or advertising in consumer goods with signs of progress in role
- 5+ years of management experience leading cross functional teams is a must
· product management/ product development/ global sourcing / project management is required.
· Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Business, Marketing, Product Strategy, or other relevant principles
· Strong analytic skills with experience using qualitative and quantitative data - proficiency in Excel is a must; familiarity with Tableau is nice-to-have
· Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
· Positive attitude and hunger for learning and getting your hands dirty
· Passion for product & home furnishing category
· Experience with furniture, home furnishings or private brands in other retailers
· Experience in marketing, brand management, brand development, consumer insights at a consumer packaged goods company, or experience working closely with those functional areas
· Academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, sensory, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
· Experience successfully building, coaching and developing team members
|||San Leandro, CA|||Marketing||||||Vcq_Ffuzce.cMH2I|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false