Product Strategist APPLY NOW
ABOUT THE ROLE:
With ever-expanding product portfolio, Mellow is looking for a Product Strategist to drive and own emerging categories, as well as co-manage existing key Home Furnishing categories, which are one of the fastest growing segments in the E-commerce space.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about all things design and be obsessed with comp shopping and product trends. S/he must not only have an eye for a product, but also strong analytics and tactical execution. The candidate should also feel comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, and always seek ways for improvement and efficiency.
**This is not a remote position.
· Manage an existing assortment and share data-driven insights to bring in newness.
· Add to Mellow’s bottom line as well as topline, using analytical capabilities, fluid communication, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Perform market analysis (competition, e-retailer category trend, sales trends, etc.) to identify emerging trends and develop business strategies.
· Participate and contribute in roll-up discussions with Planning Team, as well as, support Planning Team with trend insights to plan more accurately.
· Cultivate meaningful relationships with the vendors and outside partners, to support new product dialogue, negotiations and problem-solving.
· Coordinate product development milestones with manufacturers.
· Collaborate with Forecasting/Purchasing/ Sales/ Marketing to launch new collections.
· Collaborate with Sales Account Management team on exclusive designs and sales opportunities.
· Resolves and escalates difficult issues to Product Strategy Manager, Sales Team, Forecasting, Purchasing and IT.
· Own Merchandising reporting for the Department.
· Set up and manage: sku lifecycle and new vendors in internal database.
· Maintain Line List.
You will excel as a Product Strategy Associate if you:
· Understand market trends and build business cases for new product opportunities.
· Understand Open To Buy Process and its implications.
· Manage product lifecycle from lunch to existing strategy.
· Are a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves products and understands brand positioning.
· Are comfortable collaborating with cross functional team members including Sales, Marketing, Forecasting and Purchasing.
· Has excellent priority setting, planning and organizing skills.
· Has high degree of attention to detail.
· Has strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, including persuasion and advocacy skills.
· 5+ years in merchandising/buying or product development.
· Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Business, Marketing, Product Strategy.
· Proficient in Excel.
· Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
· Strong analytic skills with experience using qualitative and quantitative skills.
· Positive attitude and hunger for learning and getting your hands dirty.
· Passion for product & home furnishing category non-negotiable!
· Experience with furniture or/and home furnishings and product development.
· E-commerce experience welcomed.
ABOUT THE TEAM: Product Strategy
Mellow’s Product Team is a group of collaborative specialists responsible for creating assortment strategies based on analyzing sales and trends. Our job blends creativity, analytics, and marketing. As an Associate you will report to the Sr, Product Strategy Manager and work closely with a very passionate and collaborative group of team members that are excited about Product.|||San Leandro, CA|||Marketing||||||Tazo2UEjLE_UkcnU|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false